Monday 15 August 2016

Nigerian born Christine Ohuruogu hints at retirement after missing out on 400m Olympic final


Christine Ijeoma Ohuruogu, a gold medal winner in 2008, who is representing Great Britain at the Rio 2016 Olympics gave a strong hint of an imminent retirementon Sundayafter she missed out on the 400m Olympic final as she finished fifth in her semi-final.
The 32-year-old Brit, crossed the line 51.22secs and speaking to the BBC after the race, Ohuruogu gave a strong hint that she is now likely to retire from athletics.

"I think it's one minute to midnight and this girl is about to turn into a pumpkin," she said. "I think it's coming to an end, training is getting harder.
"I have been stuck in one gear all season. I am disappointed but I am happy I made it this far. These girls are fit and I wasn't able to compete with them today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.